Every year millions of people around the world take this time to reflect on the past year, and focus on the year to come, hoping as we cross over to January 1st at 12:01am there will be new opportunities and a better future.
Unfortuneately, it’s not as simple as that, as anyone over the age of 20 have probably figured out! You’ve lived through enough New Year Celebrations to know that unless you take some kind of pro-active step in setting your year up right, it can whizz by so fast and leave you with a pile of failed goals as you go into the following year.
In order for us to stop repeating patterns of the past, learn our lessons so we can make progress, and feel satisfied at the end of each year that we really living that life of purpose and in prosperity, we need to re-group, re-align, re-focus and set things up the right way.
I do this every year myself, between Christmas and New Year because the energy around this time is so ripe for goal setting and creating your strategy for the year. Several years ago I shared with my blog followers, my exact 5 day process I go through each year.
I’ve revamped that post series on Making Sure Your New Year Plans Are Successful with my 5 Steps To A Great Year Ahead, for you to follow so you can set up your year on a solid foundation of creative principles and not superstition, whims, myths and wishful thinking. January 1st at 12:01am only has the power to bring in a better year than the last for you, if you align to what you’re really supposed to be doing, and set your new year’s resolutions, goals and strategies from there.
So here it is: My routine you can follow. I’ll be checking in on my blog daily, so if you have questions or comments you want to make on each post feel free to do so. I’ll do my best to answer them same day.
1. Eliminate Limiting & Subconscious Sabotaging Beliefs; There’s not point setting goals if you have limiting beliefs that will sabotage them. This all important step will help you clear the decks before you put the new furniture on top.
2. Set Up New Year Goals In Alignment With Your Purpose; If you’re setting out to do something or achieve anything that is not in alignment with your purpose, you’re setting yourself up for potential failure. Be sure to take some time aside to get aligned with your purpose this day.
3. Create Your Life Path Plan; We often set business or career goals that conflict with the life we really want to life. When we get clear on what we want out of 2015 in our life in general, you’re more likely to create strategies and set goals that will quickly get you want you want.
4. Creating Your Winning Mission Strategy: I’m big on strategy. After all I’m an award winning strategist. When you write your strategy for your career, businesss or mission (or all of the above), you can literally engage the Universal Laws of Nature to go fetch that which you write, so you reduce your effort. I’ve seen this happen so many times in my life, and I’ve experienced it. You can shift your world super fast when you get clear and complete your strategy.
5. How To Visualize Your Successful Year: All successful athletes will tell you they visualized their path to success before venturing out on their mission. Visualization is something I suck at. I just don’t have the patience for it, yet I know it’s so very important to reaching your goals. So here’s a fun thing I do instead.
Other Resources to Help You Walk A Clear Path To Purpose and Prosperity
- How to Uncover Your Hidden Passion: Guest Blogger and Best Selling Author Natalie Ledwell walks you through three steps to connect with your passion and purpose. This is an awesome process that will lead you into some profound insights about yourself and what you really want out of life.